By Amelia Rigby
For most countries around the world, Christmas gets everybody excited for many reasons. The Christmas trees, decorations, the extravagant use of fairy lights on houses that make people drive past and say “wow”. As Love Actually (a classic my family dig out every year) portrays, December is a month of joy and a time to take risks. Christmas is an excuse to be romantic and generous toward all the people you love. Presents, however, are the hardest part of this incredible month and the worst is deciding what to buy for TEENAGERS! Here are a few ideas for what to get these tricky individuals this Christmas.
Music, music, music. Everybody loves music and 2016 has been a particularly amazing year for music, hip hop, rap, rock, pop. There has been the drop of many artists’ albums who have come out of long hiatuses, waiting to release a new album at the precise right moment, such as Childish Gambino and Frank Ocean. Here is a list of the many great albums that came out in 2016 that would be a great stocking stuffer:
1. Kanye West – Life of Pablo
2. Frank Ocean – Blonde
3. Childish Gambino – Awaken my Love
4. The 1975 – I Like it When You Sleep You are so Beautiful Yet so Unaware of it
5. Beyonce – Lemonade
6. Rhianna – Anti
7. Drake – Views
8. Catfish and the Bottlemen – The Ride
9. Flume – Skin
10. Red Hot Chilli Peppers – The Getaway
11. Kings of Leon – WALLS
12. San Cisco – Gracetown
AND just in time for Christmas is the release of J Cole’s album; 4 Your Eyes Only!
I recommend getting either CD’s or records (depending on the person).
However, if the sounds of 2016 haven’t fit your fancy, you can always buy the good old stuff such as:
1. The Killers, (any album because they are all smashing)
2. Steriophonics – Decade in the Sun
3. J Cole – 2014 Forest Hills Drive
4. Frank Ocean – Channel Orange
5. Kings of Leon (again any album they have in the store)
6. Cage the Elephant – Melophobia
7. Drake – Nothing Was the Same
8. Kanye West – Yeezus
9. Arctic Monkeys – AM
10. Led Zeppelin – Mothership.
11. Childish Gambino – Kuai, Camp, Because The Internet.
So karaoke away to some different tunes this Christmas, a happy alternative to jingle bells!